English Academy for Newcomers (EAN) is a young NGO, based in Utrecht. We are a multicultural team of volunteers that helps people with the support from the Applied Linguistics team at Utrecht University. We help refugees and asylum seekers find stability in the Netherlands. EAN teaches English to refugees that want to improve their English language skills either to pursue an education in the Netherlands or for other reasons. We are a friendly, international team of people who are focused on creating an environment of continuous learning among our students and teachers.
Note: We are a volunteer organization and all positions are currently unpaid.
As a new NGO composed of educators, we require guidance navigating the legal ins and outs of nonprofits. We need someone who can answer periodic legal questions as they arise. The legal specialist should review various consent forms and contracts to ensure that we comply with legal standards.
- Proficient in English and Dutch
- Working knowledge of Dutch non-profit law
- MS or > 2 years experience in law or non-profit management
- Answering legal questions as they arise
- Reviewing consent forms and contracts
- Reviewing yearly reports
- 5-10 hours per week during initial review of consent forms and contracts
- Working remotely if not in Utrecht is acceptable
- Infrequent consultations lasting 1-3 hours once a month or less.
How to apply:
We are always keen to meet energetic and talented professionals who would like to join our team. If you would like to make a difference and have a fulfilling volunteer teaching experience at EAN, please apply to this vacancy by clicking on the link below. Please submit your CV and tell us what are some of the reasons that motivated you to apply for this role.
Want to know more about us? please, visit our website https://englishacademyfornewcomers.nl/